The Regulatory Services Division is responsible for the licensing of the following insurance company and other risk-bearing entities:
Of the aforementioned entity types applying for licensure to enter into the Georgia insurance market the “Primary” or “Expansion” application under the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) “Uniform Certificate of Authority Application” (UCAA) would apply.
- Auto Self-Insured Funds
- County Mutual Insurers
- Fraternal Benefit Societies
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO's)
- Life and Health Insurance Companies
- Multiple Employers Welfare Arrangements (MEWA's)
- Property and Casualty Insurance Companies
- Provider Sponsored Health Care Corporations (PSHCC’s)
- Title Insurers
- Workers’ Comp Group Self Insurance Funds (WCGSIF’s)
The Application Coordinator, Brenda Powell, at (404) 651-6824 will be your contact person. Of note, the UCAA process does not apply for Auto Self-Insured Funds, County Mutual Insurers, MEWA’s and WCGIF’s. You must contact Ida Cullufi at (404) 657-7273 for the application process for these entity types.