1) Resident Renewal and Reinstatement Process
Resident licensees are required to renew their license prior to its expiration. A licensee that misses the renewal deadline may file a late renewal request, which includes a $15 late fee in addition to the renewal fee, within 15 days of the license expiration date.
Licensees that fail to successfully renew their license may reinstate within 12 months of their expiration date. To be considered for reinstatement the following must be submitted:
- Form GID-101B-AL
- Completion of all required CE
- The total number of CE hours required can vary based on the length of time the licensee has held the license, carry-over hours and professional designations. You may check your CE transcript at www.sircon.com/georgia.
- Payment of Required Fees
- Renewal fees (based on license type) + $15 late fee + $15 application fee + $150 reinstatement penalty
- If a licensee fails to complete the reinstatement process within 6 months of the expiration date of their license, the licensee must submit electronic fingerprints through Gemalto Cogent.
If the reinstatement process is not completed within 12 months of the expiration date of the license, all pre-licensing requirements must be met if the applicant wishes to reactivate their license.
2) PSI's New Overnight Mailing Address for Payments
Effective March 1, 2018, PSI Services LLC, which is the Department's back office vendor for Agent Licensing, will be utilizing a new overnight mailing address that should be used when payments are being submitted to PSI via overnight mail delivery through UPS, FedEx, etc. Please note that the address used to submit payments via regular USPS mail delivery to PSI will not change. Checks or Money Orders should be made payable to PSI Services LLC / Georgia Insurance Dept. and should be sent to one of the following addresses:
Regular Mailing Address w/ Payments
PSI Services LLC
P.O. Box 742983
Atlanta, Georgia 30348-2983
|NEW Overnight Mailing Address w/ Payments
Bank of America
ATTN: PSI Services LLC
6000 Feldwood Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30349
PSI handles all Agent Licensing back-office transaction including the following: initial license applications; temporary license applications; continuing and pre-licensing course, provider and instructor approval; license renewals; appointments and terminations; and agency license applications, affiliations and renewals.
PSI Services LLC
Telephone: 855-235-5174 Email: GAInslicensing@psionline.com
3) Electronic Fingerprinting Requirements
All new resident applicants AND individuals that fail to apply for license reinstatement within 6 months of the expiration date of their license, shall be required to submit electronic fingerprints through Gemalto Cogent, a vendor selected by the Department for criminal background checks. The applicant shall bear all costs. Click for more information.